Tasmanian Bar Financial Support Fund – Call for Expressions of Interest
The Council of the Tasmanian Bar Association Inc. has established a financial support fund to encourage and promote diversity at the independent bar. A formal Policy and Rules for the Fund have been adopted to facilitate provision of interest free loans to new Barristers to reduce the financial impost of establishing practice as a barrister. The Bar Council invites legal practitioners who wish to practice solely as a Barrister and join the Tasmanian Bar to submit an expression of interest for financial support. To be eligible to submit an expression of interest you need to:
- have at least 2 years post-admission experience;
- be based in Tasmania and will practice predominantly in Tasmania;
- be able to demonstrate a genuine need for financial assistance to establish a practice as a barrister in Tasmania;
- not previously have practised as a barrister in Australia; and
- Otherwise, at the discretion of Bar Council, most closely meet the requirements of the Policy and Fund Rules, published on the “Resources” link of the Tasmanian Bar’s website found at tasbar.com.au/resources/.
Interested persons should submit a written expression of interest in accordance with the Policy and Fund Rules by 31 December 2020. The Bar Council will make determinations about expressions of interest received, in accordance with the Policy and Fund Rules. Any inquiries may be directed to Sandra Taglieri SC, President of the Tasmanian Bar.
Sandra Taglieri SC