Andrew has been recognised in Best Lawyers in Australia and Doyle’s Guide to Leading Commercial Litigation & Disputes Barristers in Victoria and Australia.
Andrew holds a Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Master of Laws, all from the University of Melbourne. He won a number of academic prizes during his undergraduate studies.
He completed his articles and practised as a lawyer at Minter Ellison. He is also a former partner of Gadens.
He read with Wendy Harris QC and David Batt QC.
Date signed the Bar roll: 2007
Aickin Chambers, Level 32, 200 Queen Street, Melbourne
Postal Address: 205 William Street, Melbourne
- Commercial Law: de Tocqueville v Pacific Current Group Limited  FCA 172 – successful application for leave to commence a statutory derivative action in the Federal Court of Australia (led by Ian Waller QC).
- Commercial Law: Dasame Developments Pty Ltd v Pakenham Racing Club Inc  VSC 816 – resisting an interlocutory injunction in the Supreme Court of Victoria (led by Michael Borsky QC and with Paul Annabell).
- Commercial Law: Food and Beverage Australia Limited & Anor v Aussie Cherries Limited: managed investment scheme dispute in the Supreme Court of South Australia (led by Mark Hoffmann QC).
- Commercial Law: Excel Texel Pty Ltd (as trustee for the Mandex Family Trust) & Anor v Quintis Ltd & Anor: securities class action in the Federal Court of Australia (led by Hamish Austin QC).
- Commercial Law: Yara Pilbara Fertilisers Pty Ltd v Oswal & Ors  VSC 440: alleged breaches of directors’ duties and counterclaim of free acceptance in the Victorian Supreme Court (led by Steven Finch SC).
- Commercial Law: Confidential Expert Determination before the Hon Kenneth M Hayne AC QC (led by Philip Solomon QC).
- Commercial Law: In the matter of Gunns Finance Pty Ltd (Receivers and Managers Appointed)(In Liquidation): acting for borrowers in the Victorian Supreme Court (led by Ted Woodward SC, as his Honour then was).
- Commercial Law: La Trobe Capital & Mortgage Corporation Limited v Fitzroys Pty Ltd; Stranru Pty Ltd v La Trobe Capital & Mortgage Corporation Limited & Anor; P&V Industries Pty Ltd v La Trobe Capital & Mortgage Corporation Limited & Anor: managed investment scheme and land valuation dispute in the Victorian Supreme Court (led by Matt Connock QC, as his Honour then was).
- Commercial Law: Kenros Nominees Pty Ltd & Ors v DPC Tipperary Pty Ltd & Ors  VSC 524: dispute in relation to a shareholders agreement in the Victorian Supreme Court (led by James Elliott SC, as his Honour then was).
- Commercial Law: Dover Beach Pty Ltd v Geftine Pty Ltd (2008) 21 VR 442: domestic building contract dispute in the Victorian Court of Appeal (led by Stephen O’Bryan QC).
- Commercial Law: Advice in relation to construction of an agreement (led by the Hon Ray Finkelstein AO QC).
- Commercial Law: Numerous advices and appearances in relation to the Valuation of Land Act 1960 (Vic) and Land Acquisition and Compensation Act 1986 (Vic).
- Public Law: Appearing in the High Court of Australia concerning questions relating to Senate vacancies for the State of Tasmania (led by Wendy Harris QC).
- Public Law: Appearing at an IBAC Public Examination – Operation Sandon.
- Public Law: Appearing at an IBAC Public Examination – Operation Dunham.
- Public Law: Appearing at an IBAC Public Examination – Operation Lansdown.
- Public Law: Appearing at various IBAC Private Examinations.
- Public Law: Appearing at various Ombudsman Examinations.
- Public Law: Appearing at various ASIC Section 19 Examinations.
- Public Law: Various appearances in “white collar” matters, including with respect to setting aside search warrants and criminal proceedings commenced by the ASIC, AFP, IBAC and the VCGLR (including being led by Paul Holdenson QC and Neil Clelland QC).
- Public Law: Acting for the Tax Practitioners Board in disciplinary inquiries.
- Public Law: Appearances and advice to various Ministers, Government Departments and corporations in relation to the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic) (including being led by Stephen Donaghue QC, now Commonwealth Solicitor-General).
- Public Law: He is also a former part-time member of the Commonwealth Administrative Appeals Tribunal.