Ben is available for trial, appellate, interlocutory and advisory work in his areas of expertise in all courts and tribunals.
Ben also conducts mediations. Ben is able to conduct remote mediations via Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
Victorian Bar | Committee Memberships
- Director of The Essoign Club (2015 – )
- Member of the Audit and Finance Committee (2011-2017)
- Member of the Audit, Finance and Risk Committee (2020 – )
- Member of the Victorian Bar Council (2008-09, 2012-13)
- Member of the Commercial Bar Association of Victoria
Date signed Bar Roll 24 May 2007
Chambers: Aickin Chambers, 200 Queen Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
Clerk: Foley’s List, 205 William Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
- Commercial: Bioprospect Ltd v Solagran Ltd  FCA 1097 and  FCA 1081: breach of contract and patent licensing dispute.
- Commercial: QPSX Limited v Ericsson Australia Ltd: breach of contract and a patent licensing dispute.
- Commercial: Bacchus Distillery Pty Ltd v BDS Marketing Australia Pty Ltd  FCA 827: a dispute concerning allegations of breaches of the Australian Consumer Law, passing off and breach of Trade Mark.
- Commercial: Edwards v Vic Land Rehabilitation  VSC 188: an application to restrain a legal practitioner for acting.
- Commercial: Wijayaweera v St Gobain Abrasives Ltd  FCA 97 and  FCA 98: no case submission and admissibility of evidence.
- Commercial: Wijayaweera v St Gobain Abrasives Ltd  FCAFC 128: Full Court Appeal relating to interlocutory orders, no case submission and evidence at trial.
- Commercial: Dedert Corporation v United Dalby Bio-Refinery Pty Ltd  VSCA 368 – An appeal from trial judge’s refusal to grant injunction to restrain recourse to a bank guarantee.
- Commerical: Dalby Bio-Refinery Ltd v Allianz Australia Insurance Limited & Ors  FCA 1806;  FCAFC 85: dispute concerning the denial of liability under an insurance policy.
- Commercial: In the matter of Wyndham Park Pty Ltd  VSC 92: Rival claims of oppressive conduct and orders for buy-out