Kate joined the Bar in 2010 after 10 years practising as a barrister and solicitor for the Legal Aid Commission of Tasmania.
Kate has experience in a broad range of legal areas and for over 20 years has appeared as counsel at trial and on appeal in the Supreme Court of Tasmania and the Federal Court of Australia.
Kate’s general litigation practice includes professional discipline, estate, commercial, administrative, environmental, personal injury and professional indemnity matters. Kate is the Chairperson of the Tasmanian Racing Appeal Board, a member of TASCAT in the Anti-Discrimination and Health Practitioners streams, and the Parole Board of Tasmania and a Criminal Injuries Compensation Commissioner. In addition, Kate is the chairperson of the Mosaic Support Services and a member of the Council of Obstetric and Paediatric Mortality and Morbidity and the Attorney-General’s Sentencing Advisory Council.
Kate is the current Vice-President of the Tasmanian Bar has been a member of the Bar Council since 2014.
- Graduated from University of Tasmania with Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours 1998
- Graduated from University of Melbourne with Bachelor of Arts in 1993
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors Course in 2013
- Member of TASCAT and previously the Anti-Discrimination Tribunal since 2011
- Chairperson of the Tasmanian Racing Appeal Board
- Deputy Member (and previously Member) of the Parole Board of Tasmania since 2016
- Member of Council, The Tasmanian Bar since 2013
- Legal Practitioner with Legal Aid Commission of Tasmania from 1999-2010
- Chairperson, Mosaic Support Services