Nic was admitted to practice in 2017 and worked for the firm of solicitors Ogilvie Jennings for six years prior to joining the Bar. Nic is currently undertaking his pupillage under the guidance of experienced Counsel Kate Mooney SC and Brian Hilliard.
Nic’s background in advocacy commenced in Family Law and Criminal Law before he was given the opportunity to practice in Civil Litigation, Workers Compensation, Industrial related work.
Nic has experience conducting contested matters in the following jurisdictions:
– Federal Circuit Court and Family Court of Australia
– The Supreme Court of Tasmania
– The Magistrates Court of Tasmania:
* Civil Jurisdiction
* Criminal Jurisdiction
* Administrative Appeals Division
– Tasmanian Civil & Administrative Tribunal:
* Workers Rehabilitation & Compensation Tribunal
* Guardianship and Administration
* Health Practitioners Stream
Nic will accept briefs the areas listed under field of practice and will accept briefs funded by the Legal Aid Commission of Tasmania. Nic is also a Registered practitioner on the Family Violence and Cross-Examination of Parties Scheme (Legal Aid Commission Tasmania).
Derwent & Tamar Chambers
128 Macquarie Street, Hobart Tas 7000
Phone: (03) 6220 6000