Before coming to the Bar, Trevor was a senior associate at Ogilvie Jennings (Doyle’s Guide Tier 1 family law firm in Tasmania). During his 15 years as a solicitor, Trevor regularly appeared as counsel in courts and tribunals both at first instance and on appeal.
Trevor has experience in all aspects of family law including parenting matters involving allegations of unacceptable risk and financial matters with issues related to bankruptcy, equity, trusts, corporations law, and third party disputes.
Trevor accepts briefs to provide written advice and to appear at pre-trial hearings, final hearings, and appeals. He also undertakes work as an Independent Children’s Lawyer and Separate Representative or Direct Representative Lawyer.
Beyond his family law practice, Trevor provides advice and conducts disciplinary litigation under the Legal Profession Act.
Trevor has a genuine passion for, and commitment to, the legal profession. He is:
· An Executive member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia.
· Co-Editor of the Australian Family Lawyer Journal.
· Chair of the Law Society of Tasmania’s CPD Committee.
· Past President of the Law Society of Tasmania (2020/21 reporting period).
· A lecturer in Family Law Practice and Procedure, Tasmanian Legal Practice Course.
119 Hampden Road, Battery Point Tas 7004
PO Box 20, Battery Point Tas 7004
P: 03 6223 3844
Svenson Barristers (List S)
P: 03 9225 7333
Also Admitted to Practice in:
New South Wales, Western Australia and High Court of Australia